IATA-Airport Ramp Services
The aircraft servicing and ground handling basics you need to start a career on the ramp. Ramp handling services ensure the efficient turnaround of aircraft so that fights stay on schedule. This course offers an introduction to ramp services as well as the ground handling standards and safety requirements you need to know to work safely on the ramp. Whether you are new to the industry or a recent recruit, this course provides a solid foundation for further professional development in the field of ground operations.
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.
- This course requires approximately 44-50 hours of study to be completed in 3-4 months from the date of enrollment.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What will you Learn ?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- The ground operations working environment
- Standard ramp operations terminology
- Aircraft characteristics and turnaround plan
- Cleaning, catering and other services
- Ground service equipment
- Standard operating procedures
- Airside safety
- Ramp security awareness
Who should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career with an airline or ground service provider
- Recently recruited airline, airport and ground handling staffs
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60% correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2