IATA- Cargo Introductory Course
With over 52 million tons of cargo shipped annually, the air cargo industry is the place to be. Prepare yourself to work in the industry with this comprehensive course. You will learn about basic IATA cargo rules and procedures, how freight forwarders and airline cargo units operate, plus much more.
This course is mandated for IATA Cargo Agents in accordance with the IATA Cargo Agency Resolutions.
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.
- This course requires approximately 160-200 hours of study to be completed in 3-5 months from the date of enrollment.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What you will learn ?
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Guide clients on the IATA rules and procedures for air freight shipments
- Arrange air cargo shipments in accordance with IATA rules and procedures
- Apply published rates and charges for air cargo shipments
- Complete air waybills accurately
- Air waybill completion
- Industry terminology and abbreviations
- IATA geography, TACT, and other cargo manuals
Who Should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Newcomers to the industry
- Cargo agent and air freight forwarder sales and marketing staffs
- Airline and manufacturer sales, reservations, and acceptance staffs
- Junior-level managers at cargo agents, airlines, and manufacturers
An IATA Diploma is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book, the TACT Training Edition is required during the exam.
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2