IATA- Passenger Ground Services
Learn what it takes to work at one of the airline industry’s most visible airport positions and obtain the skills you need to provide assistance and related passenger services at the check-in, gate and concourse of your airport. The course is designed to complement the training requirements outlined in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM), the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO) and the IATA Passenger Services Conference Resolutions Manual(PSCRM).
This course is available in textbook and e-textbook format. Enroll at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer.
- This course requires approximately 45-50 hours of study to be completed in 1-2 months from the date of enrollment.
- Student performance will be based on an examination.
What you will learn ?
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand how airlines and airports operate in relation to the provision of passenger services
- Learn about passenger and baggage check-in and boarding procedures, including passengers with special needs
- Interpret the respective regulatory requirements related to passenger and baggage transport
- Understand how computer reservations and departure control systems operate
- Introduction to airport and airline operations
- Computer Reservations (CRS) and Departure Control Systems (DCS) functions
- Passenger and Baggage check-in procedures (airport and on-site)
- Conditions of passenger and baggage carriage, boarding procedures and fight close-out messaging
- Dangerous Goods regulations awareness for passenger service agents
- Managing passenger interactions
- Aviation security procedures for passenger and baggage transport
- Enhanced passenger facilitation, latest innovations and career opportunities
Who Should attend ?
This course is recommended for:
- Airline passenger service staffs
- Ground Handling Agents’ passenger services staffs
- Airport operators’ staffs providing passenger services
- Civil Aviation Authorities’ staffs providing passenger services
- Anyone wishing to start a career as a Passenger Service Agents
Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an IATA Diploma in Foundation in Travel and Tourism.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions, Closed Text Book, Foldout Maps are not permitted
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 90 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2